Psychologist / Child Psychologist
Ready for a change of scenery?
Hume Psychology & Counselling Services
For over 17 years Hume Psychology has been recognised as one of the leading psychology and counselling services in the picturesque setting of North East Victoria.
Our diverse range of clientele offers opportunity to consolidate and expand your professional skills and area of interest. Our wide referral base includes private, government, insurance, better access, corporate and employee assistance programs.
Hume Psychology offers a welcoming and professional working environment, and provides excellence in practice management and reception support services for clients and Psychologists. There is regular opportunity for clinical development through monthly peer supervision.
We promote work/life balance through flexible and individualised client scheduling arrangements. Our usual working hours are 9:00 to 5:00 with weekends off.
The Positions Offered
Due to increased demand, we are looking to bolster our 2018 team to provide more accessible services to Wangaratta/Benalla, Alpine and Albury/Wodonga regions.
We are seeking psychologists with experience providing focused psychological interventions including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Timeframes are from a minimum of 2 days per week to full time. We are happy to negotiate starting at part-time with a move to full time based on your needs.
There are positions available for 2 Days General Psychologist and 2 Days Child Psychologist. Both positions have capacity to increase days worked.
- Flexible working hours, usually between 9am and 5 pm
- Available for immediate start
- A diverse case load
- Opportunity to run groups, including workshops
- Strong referral network
- Opportunity and support to develop your areas of interest
- Full administrative support so you can focus on client matters
- Opportunity to meet regularly as a team and discuss professional issues and share PD
- A working environment that is professional, fun, nurturing and family friendly
- Well-appointed consulting rooms incl computer, printer & internet access
- Opportunity to work independently without the hassle of running a business
- Access to practice software from home
- Complete practice management including: reception, appointments, administrative support, billing, computer hardware and software systems – simply walk in consult and receive your daily billings deposited directly into your nominated bank account.
A Fantastic Lifestyle
North East Victoria is abundant with hidden gems where natural treasures, thriving communities and limitless opportunities have psychologists and other Allied Health professionals making the switch. Great opportunities are available for work/life balance including recreational, gourmet, arts and several points of historical interest.
Living and working in rural Victoria offers a number of benefits to you and your family. Our local communities provide children and young people connectedness and emotional support in a unique natural environment on your doorstep. Our clinic is situated next to a Montessori School. Housing is affordable with expansive rural outlooks.
Click here to watch a short video clip about the attractions of our region
This could be a glimpse of your future home town.
- Full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA
- Registration as a Psychologist with Medicare
- Experience providing focused psychological interventions including CBT
- Ability to work with a variety of client presentations, ages and backgrounds
- Current Working with Children Check & Police Check
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- ABN, professional indemnity & public liability insurance
Closing date for Applications
To register your expression of interest please email a cover letter and your current resume to email@example.com by Fri 21th of December 2018 (positions may be filled prior to this date).